Last week we went to the HOST 2019 event in London. Top global market leaders provided key vacation rental insights and advice that we wanted to share with you. The holiday rental industry is fast-changing; here’s our top takeaway tips from Google and HomeAway, and how ACT can help you stay ahead of the game.
Google, Global Business Manager of Travel
- Guests are simply looking to create unforgettable family and friend experiences.
- Potential guests are doing more research. Providing a property video walk-through means viewers research time is shorter.
- People searching for holiday properties have a different need to booking hotels. They want to understand bedroom options to have the confidence your property will meet their needs. Unfulfilled needs deter bookings twice as often as price.
- You need to get the right information in front of potential guests because they are:
1. Curious: Google saw a 300% increase in people searching for the best pillows.
2. Demanding: 64% people expect relevant information.
3. Impatient: 69% will abandon if they don’t get what they need, easily and quickly.
- Speed of booking is incredibly important. A single one second delay will mean a 20% drop in booking conversions.
- Video exposure can lead to faster decisions. A travel video advert reduces your guests booking journey time by 23%.
HomeAway UK Ltd
- You need a mobile friendly experience. HomeAway take 50% of bookings via mobile.
- Planning group travel should be as easy as possible.
- Immersive virtual tours / walk-throughs are increasingly important.
- Visitors abroad will come from Canada, US, Spain, France, Switzerland, Italy, Germany.
How can our team at ACT Studios help you?
- Our specialist team can deliver professional photography of your whole guest experience (property, location and surrounds).
- We are the leading company delivering property walk-through tours to UK holiday properties.
- We provide the marketing expertise and clear expert advice to ensure potential guests find you and have the relevant content they need.
- We can deliver you a unique and mobile friendly quality website.
We simply strive to make our clients as successful as possible in this fast-changing market. Please get in touch to find out more.